Wife retires on husband’s $100,000 lottery win | News
A Cayce man called his wife at work to tell her she could retire. He won the Lottery.
He hit $100,000 on a ticket at the Sunoco Food Mart on Airport Blvd. in Cayce.
“I couldn’t believe it,” he said.
Neither could his wife, who clocked out of work to ride with her husband to the lottery office to cash in the $5 Fabulous Fortune scratch-off.
“We’re paying off the house,” the husband told lottery officials. “I’ve called and got the payoff.”
With the house payment erased, his wife can retire when she’s ready.
As of this release, one top prize of $100,000 remains in the Fabulous Fortune game. Odds of winning the top prize are 1 in 480,000.
For selling the claimed ticket, Sunoco Food Mart in Cayce received a commission of $1,000.
To date, lottery play has resulted in more than $3 BILLION transferred to support education.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- RCSD to host Skills on Wheels Basketball benefit
- South Carolina Drug Cards FREE Through SC African Chamber of Commerce
- Boil water advisory issued for Windsor Village, Waterford at Columbia and Parliament Lake
- City of Columbia to Host Small Business Week Conference
- Unemployment rate drops to lowest in five years