Volunteers to count South Carolina homeless | News
COLUMBIA, S.C. (AP) - Volunteers are spreading out across South Carolina to count the number of homeless people in the state.
The count will begin Thursday night, with organizers hoping it will help get a grasp of how big the homeless problem is in South Carolina and how much help is needed.
Volunteers will count people in shelters as well as those sleeping under bridges, in parks or in other outside areas.
The count is being coordinated by the South Carolina Homeless Coalition.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Columbia Style Week To Be Held June 11th to 15th
- RCSD to host Skills on Wheels Basketball benefit
- South Carolina Drug Cards FREE Through SC African Chamber of Commerce
- Boil water advisory issued for Windsor Village, Waterford at Columbia and Parliament Lake
- City of Columbia to Host Small Business Week Conference