Powerball jackpot hits a half-billion dollars | News
The advertised Powerball jackpot has been adjusted
up to $500 million for Wednesday night's drawing, further
establishing itself as the largest Powerball jackpot in game history.
The winner can elect a cash option of $327 million.
The adjusted jackpot is an indication that Powerball players from coast to coast
are feeling the excitement. Ticket sales in South Carolina are brisk.
The record-setting jackpot run began on October 6 and has already yielded a
$2 million winner in South Carolina.
Tickets for Wednesday night's drawing must be purchased before 9:59 p.m. for
the 10:59 p.m. drawing. Tickets are $2 and available at lottery retailer
With long odds of winning the jackpot, about one in 176 million, the Lottery
urges responsible play.
Copyright 2012 WIS. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Teen charged as adult after allegedly stealing cash register
- LCSD, LPD to host fourth annual Cops and Calabash
- Customers allowed back into Lexington County Walmart after evacuation
- Two Lexington-Richland District Five Schools Again Among Top In The Nation
- Lexington One office and schools receive awards from SC/NSPRA