Brookland-Cayce to get new stadium in 2014 | News
The Brookland-Cayce High School Bearcats will have a new stadium in 2014.
According to a news release, on Oct. 18, the Lexington District Two Board of Trustees voted unanimously to move forward with the final design of the Brookland-Cayce High School stadium project in accordance with a conceptual plan developed in concert with the City of Cayce.
The project was put on hold a few years back due to economic circumstances.
In 2006, there was an agreed upon plan that allowed the project to move forward, but the City of Cayce wanted to integrate an even better plan.
The resulting plan now saves the city money, while improving the appearance of the Knox Abbott Drive corridor.
WIS will keep you updated as this project moves forward.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Columbia Style Week To Be Held June 11th to 15th
- RCSD to host Skills on Wheels Basketball benefit
- South Carolina Drug Cards FREE Through SC African Chamber of Commerce
- Boil water advisory issued for Windsor Village, Waterford at Columbia and Parliament Lake
- City of Columbia to Host Small Business Week Conference