FPES students experiment with balance, motion and force | News
As part of a STEM lab on balance, motion and force, Forts Pond Elementary first-graders applied what they learned during classroom discussions.
The students began by creating a track for a marble to roll down using foam tubes and masking tape. They worked together to figure out where to attach each tube, how to hold the tubes and where to curve the tubes in order to get the marble to successfully go down the track.
After building the track, the students performed experiments and made adjustments so that the marble would roll on its own from beginning to end.
Through trial and error students completed the lab successfully.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Furniture store re-opens with new name
- "I heard a bunch of shots" Parker told dispatcher on 911 tape
- Man unharmed as guardrail goes through his car in accident, Jennifer Emert reports
- Come out for “Rollin’ on the River” at Saluda Shoals Park
- Sheriff: Puppy dies after man tapes its mouth shut, locks it in outside closet