Special Olympics Games announced in Columbia & Orangeburg | Events
Two local Spring Games will be held on Friday, April 20.
Area 7 - Richland, Lexington and Fairfield Counties will hold annual Spring Track and Field Games at Memorial Stadium (Rosewood neighborhood near Owens Air Field) beginning at 9:45 am Friday, April 20th . More than 900 athletes are registered for the games. Competition will begin immediately after Opening Ceremonies and should last until approximately 1:30pm. Special Olympics SC President Barry Coats will be there (his daughter is competing) and can be reached at (803)237-4200.
Area 3 – Orangeburg, Calhoun. Bamberg, Barnwell & Allendale Counties will hold Annual Spring Games at South Carolina State University in Orangeburg beginning at 10 am on Friday, April 20th . We expect 250 athletes and are very excited to have partnered with SC State who has their PE Department serving as the Games Management Team. Our sports director Kelly Garrick will be there and can be reached at (803) 237-4233.
Athletes competing in Spring Games are eligible to attend the 2012 Summer Games May 4-6 to be held at Fort Jackson. This is the 44th year that Fort Jackson has hosted Summer Games.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Teen charged as adult after allegedly stealing cash register
- LCSD, LPD to host fourth annual Cops and Calabash
- Customers allowed back into Lexington County Walmart after evacuation
- Two Lexington-Richland District Five Schools Again Among Top In The Nation
- Lexington One office and schools receive awards from SC/NSPRA