Lexington County to hold Free Electronics Recycling Event for residents on September 15 | Environment
Lexington County Solid Waste Management will be holding an electronics recycling event September 15 from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. at Rocky Creek Elementary School located at 430 Calks Ferry Road in Lexington. County residents are encouraged to come out and recycle their old computers, laptops, printers, televisions, microwaves, gaming systems and other electronics.
In addition, residents are able to bring electronics to the Edmund Landfill for recycling year-round. The landfill is located at 498 Landfill Lane in Lexington and the hours are Monday-Saturday, 7:00-4:30. There is a five piece limit per day.
Creative Recycling Systems, the current state contract holder for electronics recycling, will be handling all material. Creative offers the best data security practices available today; its data sanitization methods exceed U.S. Department of Defense specifications for security and electronics disposal. There is no need to remove the hard drives in your computers or laptops before coming to the event on September 15. All material collected is securely handled and properly recycled.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- RCSD to host Skills on Wheels Basketball benefit
- South Carolina Drug Cards FREE Through SC African Chamber of Commerce
- Boil water advisory issued for Windsor Village, Waterford at Columbia and Parliament Lake
- City of Columbia to Host Small Business Week Conference
- Unemployment rate drops to lowest in five years