Report: Suspect steals beer then re-enters store to purchase cigar | Crime
According to the Lexington County Sheriff’s Department, a shoplifter may have a mild case of amnesia after deputies say he stole an 18-pack of beer then re-entered the store moments later to purchase a cigar.
Deputies say on Saturday, Jan. 12 officers were dispatched to Pitt Stop located on Hwy 321 in reference to a shoplifter.
Upon arrival, deputies met with the store clerk who stated an unknown suspect entered the store and picked up an 18-pack of beer and walked out without paying, the report stated.
Deputies say moments later, the suspect came back in the store and asked for a certain type of cigar.
The clerk advised the suspect the store did not carry that brand, and the suspect left again, heading towards Cayce, the report stated.
The report said the suspect was a black male last seen driving a GMC Yukon.
If you know anything about this crime, you are urged to contact Crimestoppers at 1-888-CRIME-SC.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Teen charged as adult after allegedly stealing cash register
- LCSD, LPD to host fourth annual Cops and Calabash
- Customers allowed back into Lexington County Walmart after evacuation
- Two Lexington-Richland District Five Schools Again Among Top In The Nation
- Lexington One office and schools receive awards from SC/NSPRA