Report: Woman who stuffed frozen meats in pants tells clerk “that she was with child” | Crime
The Lexington County Sheriff’s Department responded to a shoplifting call at IGA located on Augusta Road Thursday.
Upon arrival, deputies met with an employee who advised officers that she observed a woman putting frozen meat into her pants, the report stated.
Deputies say when the woman approached the checkout counter the employee confronted her and asked her what was under her shirt, the woman replied “that she was with child.”
The employee told the woman she didn’t believe her, and the woman began pulling steaks from under her shirt and placing them on the counter, the report stated.
Deputies say the woman tried to convince the employee that she intended to pay for the items.
According to the sheriff’s deputies, the store did not wish to prosecute the woman, but put her on trespass notice.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Teen charged as adult after allegedly stealing cash register
- LCSD, LPD to host fourth annual Cops and Calabash
- Customers allowed back into Lexington County Walmart after evacuation
- Two Lexington-Richland District Five Schools Again Among Top In The Nation
- Lexington One office and schools receive awards from SC/NSPRA