Golf club burglarized, 3 carts stolen | Crime
The Lexington County Sheriff’s Department is investigating the theft of three golf carts from a West Columbia golf club.
According to an incident report, on Sunday deputies responded to the Indian River Golf Course in reference to a burglary.
Upon arrival, officers met with an employee who stated that someone broke into the cart garage Saturday night, the report stated.
Deputies say the suspect(s) removed three 2012 Yamaha YRDA golf carts, valued at $6100, from the garage.
Officers located tracks from the carts in nearby woods, according to sheriff’s deputies.
Deputies say they followed the tracks for about three miles through the woods until they ended at Lanier Avenue.
The report said the carts are green in color and numbered 4, 16 and 30.
If you have any information about this crime, you are urged to contact CRIMESTOPPERS at 1-888-CRIME-SC.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Death of child considered suspicious, under investigation
- Columbia Style Week To Be Held June 11th to 15th
- RCSD to host Skills on Wheels Basketball benefit
- South Carolina Drug Cards FREE Through SC African Chamber of Commerce
- Boil water advisory issued for Windsor Village, Waterford at Columbia and Parliament Lake