Cayce Dept. of Public Safety Collects Food to Help Hungry Families in the Community | Community Spirit
The Cayce Department of Public Safety will partner with Harvest Hope Food Bank to reduce hunger in our community by holding a food drive during May and will collect donations of non-perishable food items at several locations throughout Cayce.
Harvest Hope experiences food shortages during the summer months while children are out of school the Cayce Department of Public Safety will assist by collecting donations at their headquarters and Cayce City Hall during the entire month of May. In addition, law enforcement officers and fire fighters will collect food on Saturday, May 11 and Saturday, May 18 from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm at the following grocery store locations within the City of Cayce:
- 300 Knox Abbott Drive (Bi-Lo)
- 2245 Charleston Highway (Reids Grocery)
- 3040 Charleston Highway (Piggly Wiggly)
Please plan to do your part and help families in our community struggling with hunger by providing donations of shelf-stable canned and dry goods at these convenient donation points in Cayce on May 11 and May 18.
For more information on The Cayce Department of Public Safety please visit: http://caycedps.com/.
For more information on Harvest Hope’s mission to feed the hungry across 20 SC counties visit: www.harvesthope.org.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Internet Crimes Against Children Task Force arrests Lexington man
- Sheriff: Man arrested for sending 30 emails and texts to ex-girlfriend
- Man accused of stealing trailer and ice cream maker
- Newly-elected Lexington mayor sworn in Monday
- Driver in crash that killed student charged with felony DUI, bond set at $115K