One Week Left to Donate to MLK Honor the Dream Food Drive | Community Spirit
The City of Columbia, Richland One School District and the Martin Luther King, Jr. Memorial Foundation have been hosting the annual Martin Luther King, Jr. Honor the Dream Food Drive since late November and it will end in one week on January 11, 2013.
This food drive is in support of the Harvest Hope Food Bank. The food drive is held annually to honor the Reverend Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.’s legacy of community service and helping others. Donations will aide those in need in and around the Midlands. A donation of $1 helps Harvest Hope Food Bank purchase five pounds of food.
The public is invited to drop off their non-perishable food items at the following locations:
- City Hall, 1737 Main Street
- Charles R. Drew Wellness Center, 2101 Walker Solomon Way
- City Water Customer Service, Washington Square, 1339 Main Street
- City Human Resources Office, 1225 Lady Street
- James E. Clyburn Golf Center, 2091 Slighs Avenue
- Columbia Tennis Center, 1635 Whaley Street
- All City Parks and Recreation Community Centers - please see attached or visit www.columbiaparksandrec.net.
For more information on the food drive, contact City of Columbia Parks and Recreation at (803) 545-3100.