Free Financial Seminar Hosted By Community Development | Business
The City Of Columbia’s Community Development Department will host a free financial seminar on Saturday, February 23, 2013 from 9 a.m. until 12 p.m.
Topics of discussion will include:
· Banking - Purpose of a bank and how banking should work for you
· Savings- Importance of savings and creative strategies to save on a limited budget
· Budgeting-Budgeting activity and reviewing the overall picture of your budget
· Building Credit-How to build a solid financial background
· Types of Loans- Smart ways of borrowing and is borrowing a smart way of building your wealth
· Repairing Derogatory Credit-How to repair damage that has been done to your credit
· Credit Scams-How to recognize unlawful collection activities
· Fair Housing Laws-Equal rights for all, housing discrimination is illegal
The free seminar will be held at Community Development, 1225 Lady St. on the second floor. Parking will be available in the back of the building.
All those interested must call 803-545-3373 and ask for Felicia Wilks or Tracey Brown. Early registration is a must due to limited seating.